Saturday, November 8, 2008

Weekend Update!

I just got done watching SNL's Weekend Update and it reminded me of the fact that I've neglected to post for a while. So here goes...

It was quite the historic week. You probably think I'm referring to Obama's win. Historic as it is, nope. Instead - I'll forever link this week with the time the Gosch family all got sick on my birthday week. (Yes that's right I said week. I don't take just one day - I try my best to claim the entire week. I would try for the whole month - - but Thanksgiving starts to compete so one week will suffice!! ha ha.)

Anyway.

Quick Recap of the Week:

Mon
This was my actual birthday. 28 years old - crazy how time flies. We had some plans to go out to eat after work - but they quickly changed when I started to feel sick - I went to bed at 6:30 pm instead.

Tue
I stayed home sick and slept most of the day. I found enough energy to go to the doctor (ended up with a sinus infection) and I voted.

Wed
I still felt under the weather - but needed to go to work, however it was Chris' turn now - he stayed home sick with a fever, sore throat, and aches - fabulous.

Thur
Molly had to stay home from daycare because she picked up pink-eye and another case of thrush- yippee! Ironically Aubrey was the only one of us that didn't miss a day due to being sick. However - not sure if I'd really classify her as feeling healthy. She's still battling one heck of a cold!

Fri
The week did end on a high note though. Some old friends from high school were in Omaha for the weekend and we met up for supper at the Cheesecake Factory - -Yummy!

Jenni - this is for you - -since you check this quite often:
*** It was great to see you JJ, Justin, and Jamie - - wow that's alot of Js! Anyway - I'm glad you got a chance to see the girls. Give Cain a big hug and tell the rest of your family HI!

Sat
And here we are today. Today's big event - laundry and oh yeah - I finally broke down and joined Facebook. I swore I would never do it - - but I think it may be my next obsession - ha,ha. We also enjoyed the Huskers win over Kansas - a much better result than last year's embarrassment!

Well - - that's all for now.

Okay I lied - one more thing. It's Aubrey's 2nd birthday next week so I promise to have more pictures and videos to post -- in the meantime - enjoy the hilarity of last year's fete:

http://www.dropshots.com/egosch#albums/2007_Aubrey%201st%20Birthday

I have a feeling that she'll be just as messy this year - we'll see!

Okay - - now that's all - later!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AHHH! I checked out the pictures from Aubrey's 1st birthday! SO FUNNY! How did you get that frosting off! Was she purple for like a week?!!! Too funny! We celebrate Tyler's 1st Birthday on November 15th, so I'll be posting those this weekend. It's been great catching up with you! Take care!
Cindi