Monday, November 24, 2008

UNO Dance Competition - done and a success!

We just completed another busy weekend.


As you may or may not know - I coach the dance team at the University of Nebraska - Omaha in my "free time." I say that - as my free time is getting less and less by the day. But while others do book clubs or golf leauges - - I coach a college dance team. It's my creative release and it helps keep me somewhat sane.


Anyway- we hosted our annual dance competition yesterday. It was a long, busy day - but was a huge success. In one day we raised nearly 40% of our operating budget! This money will go towards funding our trip to NDA college nationals in Daytona Beach, FL in April 2009. Last year the team placed 5th in the nation - - and we hope to improve upon that this season! I have a wonderful group of young ladies that dance for me and I'm just glad that I can keep dance in my life while being a mother, wife, and a career professional.

No comments: